At United Way of the Valley and Greater Area we work to help all members of our community have a better life.
Our focus is on health, education, financial stability, and basic needs — the building blocks for a good quality of life:
- Health – Improving people’s health. Learn more.
- Education – Helping children and youth achieve their potential. Learn more.
- Financial Stability – Promoting financial stability and independence. Learn more.
- Basic Needs – Connecting people in need with local resources and assistance - when they need them. Learn more.
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when individuals and families are financially stable, when people are healthy and have access to the things needed for a good quality of life.
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living United means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future. Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.
United Way leads strategic initiatives that bring partners together to tackle some of the most stubborn and complex social issues affecting individuals and communities in the Valley and Greater Utica area. These are issues that have multiple causes and defy quick-fix solutions. United Way looks at the big picture and the whole person. With our donors, volunteers and partner organizations, United Way coordinates effort around clear goals. The result is lasting change that improves lives and community conditions today and for generations. Our initiatives are:
- Fit Kids Fit Future – Improving lifelong health. Learn more.
- Ready 4 Kindergarten – Ready to learn. Ready for life. Learn more.
- Free Tax Prep – Preparing a stronger community. Learn more.
- 2-1-1 Mid-York – Your community connection. Learn more.
Deliver the highest impact
Your investment in United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area supports 49 local programs and four United Way initiatives through an annual allocation process. The result is a direct impact on our community and direct funding to our partner agencies that provide help and hope to those they serve.