United Way is making real, lasting, positive impact by creating opportunities for a better life for all in the Valley and Greater Utica area. Our focus is on the building blocks for a good quality of life. That is why we wisely invest donor dollars in local programs that provide services in the areas of health, education, financial stability and basic needs.
For the 2017–2019 funding cycle, United Way will support 49 local community service programs provided by 34 non-profits, and four United Way initiatives in Herkimer and Oneida Counties. The programs listed here represent some of the organizations bringing the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done. Together, we address the key issues that destabilize our community. We are extremely proud of the work being done which wouldn’t be possible without our generous donors and volunteers.
2017–2019 Funded Partners:
Achieve and Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
- Retired Individuals Driving the Elderly (RIDE) – Catholic Charities of Herkimer County
- Community Violence Reduction Program – Center for Family Life and Recovery, Inc.
- Apartments Love & Care Family & Single Women Initiative – Johnson Park Center
- Language Interpreting & Translating Services – MAMI Interpreters
- Health & Volunteer Services – Parkway Center
- Elderly Services– Resource Center for Independent Living, Inc.
- Domestic Violence Ended (DOVE) – Thea Bowman House
- Herkimer Healthy Families – Kids Oneida
- Health Access for Refugees – Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
- Opiate Overdose Prevention – ACR Health
- Safety First Mohawk Valley – ACR Health
- The Q Center Mohawk Valley – ACR Health
- Child Care Services – The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
- Youth Service Program–Before/After School Childcare – YMCA of Mohawk Valley
Third Grade Math/Reading Levels
- JPC Drop-In Youth Program – Johnson Park Center
- Positive Lifestyle Activities for Youth (P.L.A.Y.) – Richfield Springs Community Center
High School Graduation
- Living Independently Is For Everyone at RCIL (LIFE at RCIL) – Resource Center for Independent Living, Inc.
- Kids With Promise–Tutoring/Job Shadowing/Volunteer Program – Thea Bowman House
- Parkway Recreation Center– Safe Schools Mohawk Valley
- Safer Alternative to Suspensions– Safe Schools Mohawk Valley
- TREATY–Conflict Resolution Strategies – Catholic Charities of Herkimer County
- Counseling Services – The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
Financial Stability Impact
- AmeriCorps Self-Sufficiency Resource Center – Municipal Housing Authority-Utica
- On Point for College-Utica – On Point for College-Utica
- WERC – Women’s Employment & Resource Center
- RSVP Bill Payer Program – Parkway Center
- Mohawk Valley Asset Building Coalition (MVABC) – Resource Center for Independent Living, Inc.
- Child Care – Thea Bowman House
Basic Needs Impact
- Food Pantry – Country Pantry
- Food Acquisition/Distribution Program – Food Bank of Central New York
- Food Pantry – Foothills Rural Community Ministries
- JPC Food Pantry – Johnson Park Center
- Soup Kitchen & Day Shelter – Hope House
- Emergency Services Program – Salvation Army of Herkimer
- Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry – Salvation Army of Utica
- St. Clare’s Cupboard Food Pantry – Thea Bowman House
- Senion Food Delivery – Compassion Coalition
- Tilton School Breakfast & Lunch Program – The House of the Good Sheperd
- DV Residential Program – Catholic Charities of Herkimer County
- Runaway and Homeless Youth – Catholic Charities of Herkimer County
- Safe Horizons – YWCA of Mohawk Valley
- Evelyn's House – Kids Oneida
- Disaster Services – American Red Cross
- Community Assistance – Catholic Charities Oneida-Madison Counties
- Emergency Legal Safety Net – Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York
- Homelessness Intervention Program – Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Journey Home – Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Eleanor Walsh Wertimer Children’s Center – The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
- Child Custody Advocate Program – The Peacemaker Program
- Veteran’s Assistance Program – UCD/CNY Veteran’s Outreach Center